What is Local SEO? And why is it important?
Local SEO, or Local Search Engine Optimization, is the process of creating content (pages, posts, media), on your website, with the intent of ranking locally on search results; as opposed to ranking for global web page search results.
Why is ranking locally important and beneficial for my business?
Everyone uses a search engine to find local products and services. If you do not show up on local search results, for your relevant keywords or phrases, how can potential customers find and do business with you? When you rank highly on local search results your customers are more likely to find and choose your business.
What are the main factors that determine my position in local search results?
The three main factors that search engines use when determining their placements are relevance (how well someone’s website content matches with what someone is searching for), distance (how close the searcher is in proximity to the websites business location), and prominence (how well known a business is).
How can I optimize my website to better my placement in local search results?
- Structure your website so that it is easy to navigate.
- Have a contact page that includes your business name, contact phone number, email, and location.
- Have a mobile first responsive website or a completely separate and unique user friendly mobile site.
- Make sure to mention your businesses relevant niche keywords and phrases.
What are some off-page aspects of local SEO?
- Back-links from authoritative and reputable websites (other websites linking to yours).
- Build citations for your website.
- Create a consistent and impactful customer review program.
- Word to create a large and active social media presence.
Need help with your local SEO? Give us a call at (760) 289-5297 or send us an email on our contact page.